I have been thinking about cleaning with natural products lately. I love to clean, bleach has been my friend for many years, but I started to believe that if I could change my cleaning products then my home might become a bit less polluted. Sure I have been using a microfiber rag rather than paper towels but what about the chemicals (I never ever use anti-bacterial anything due to my biology studies… I think the human body is strong enough naturally to defend it’s self).
Through searching I found a great, useful, compiled list for all of my natural cleaning needs on the Good Human.
Here are some of my favorites that are easy with products I already have in my home.
– sprinkle a bit of baking soda and rub with water. clean (microwave refrigerator and oven)
– pour 1/2 cup vinegar and hot water in and run like you are brewing a cup (coffee maker)
– salt and lime juice, sprinkle –> squeeze –> soak –> scrub
Cleaning the toilet:
– squeeze in lemon juice and scrub
– natural tea tree oil and water (windows, tile, floors and toilets)
– drop of tea tree oil to chase away entering bugs
– tea tree oil and lavender oil for cuts and scraps to ease the pain and fight infection
– open your windows regularly
– boxes of baking soda – absorb the foul odor
It is all so easy and most of it I have around the house already. YAY!
I encourage you to check out the rest of the article… it’s a good one.